Sunday, December 26, 2010

Bath






Now this was my pride and joy. A bathtub and shower combination. This unit cost about 500.00 dollars new but someone had made a hole in the back of the unit and I picked it up for 50.00. I epoxied a sheet of plastic mirror over the hole and had a perfect set up 

My water supply came from the yard supply distribution line. That sounds almost like a proper set up. Don’t get carried away. The yard “distribution line” consisted of a ¾ inch black plastic hose that ran around the yard behind the sheds. Since the line was just left on top of the ground, it would freeze sometimes and at other times it would split. If the break was downline from me, all my neighbors would be out looking for the leak. If it was upline from me, I would join them in the search. 

Since we were not to use too much power, I never told anyone about my apartment size electric water heater. I only turned it on in the very early morning or late at night. That way not too many people would notice the lights dim in my shed. I even had hot water to do my dishes. 

The water heater and bathtub were hidden behind floor to ceiling curtains so my secret was safe. 


No comments:

Post a Comment