Sunday, December 26, 2010

Galley port







Port side of galley. This cabinet contains 4 cubbies and one drawer. Counter top contains a large, deep, SS sink that has both seawater and fresh water supplies. Same construction as stbd side, ¼ ply fronts and 1/8 ply bottoms.

It is not a good idea to put a large can of beans in the center of the cubbies. The 1/8 ply is a little too weak for that.

You may notice a join in the hull side plywood just aft of frame number 9. The Searunner 37 plans call for butt blocks to support the ply joints along the hull sides. I thought this area might be visible, depending on how I finished it, so I scarfed the plywood instead.

When building something of this size, bar clamps come in handy. I had about 10 of them when I started, 4 when I finished. No idea what happened to the others. People borrow stuff and forget to return it.

No comments:

Post a Comment