Sunday, December 26, 2010

Triangle Road shed








Well, here we are, my boat shed. This shed belongs to Roger Tailor. He built three self designed trimarans in it, Warren Denny built his Bob Harris designed trimaran in it and now I will build a Jim Brown designed Searunner in it. Wow, what history. What a responsibility to carry on such an illustrious career for this shed. Of course, I was the only multihull in the yard, so you know all the stuff I had to put up with. 

The shed is about 50 feet long and 30 or 35 feet wide. When I moved in it was not clear span, but had pony walls down each side about 8 feet from the sides. That was not a problem at the time. I will figure out how to assemble a 23-foot wide, solid wing deck boat in here later. 

Please note the “Boat Builders Truck”. Not only did I have the perquisite beater truck; I had two of them, just in case one gave up the ghost. You can not build a boat without a truck. Maybe you should buy one now, even before you buy the plans for the boat. If you can live with one of these trucks, you can build a boat.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment