Sunday, December 26, 2010

Sterncastle seating







This view is from the galley floor looking aft. You still can not see the curve in the transom, but it is there.

I took this picture to remind myself not to get too cocky about being able to build a boat. Although you can not see it, and it does not effect the strength of the hull to any great degree, this frame is off square on one side only. The port side is 1 inch more forward then the starboard side. To this day, I do not know how it happened.

This frame is used to support the seats on the aft end. I did not discover the mistake until I started to measure the area for the seat bottoms. Talk about measure twice and cut once. I kept going back to measure because the sides did not match.

You can see lots of ventilation holes cut in the frames. These are all called for on the plans. Jim is a great believer in providing air movement under the floors and seats to prevent mold and mildew.


No comments:

Post a Comment