Saturday, December 25, 2010

Show me the water






Here we are, ready for the water. You can see a couple of SS handrails on the forward section of the cabin top. There is no wood showing on the outside of the boat. I did not want to go through the “Keep the wood looking nice” routine every year.

Pulpit is 1.25-inch SS pipe. This pulpit came off another boat and I picked it up for a song. I also got 6 stanchions and two gates from the same sale, all 1.25 inch SS. I thought I would make the rear pulpit (push pit?) from the same material. Big mistake. There is not much equipment made for 1.25 inch SS. Most of the attachment points are made for .75 or 1 inch SS pipe. I do not need the strength of 1.25-inch pipe; 1 inch would be just as good.

You can see a nice 24-inch by 24-inch hatch in the forward deck of the main hull. Boy, does this guy give added ventilation.


No comments:

Post a Comment