Saturday, December 25, 2010

Cockpit seats




Something else that bothered me about Searunners, the cockpit seat area was always wet. There was no place for the water in the seats to drain away. The seats were constructed with the front edge the same height as the back edge. 

On several of the boats I looked at, this water was always there after a rainstorm and would take a while to disappear. 

You might be able to see that I lowered the front of my seats about 1 inch from the design specifications. This has proven to be a great idea as the seats never hold any water. 

I was a little concerned that it would feel funny sitting in a forward sloping seat and I might have to make some sort of platform for the cushions to sit on. 

Not the case. I made cockpit cushions out of 1 inch closed cell foam, won’t hold water, and you do not notice any slope to the seats. 


No comments:

Post a Comment